Friday, January 30, 2009

Movies and Books

Hi Everybody!
Stacia, I didn't read "At Home in the World" but it seems it's a love story and I read a very few love story books in my life! (actually the only love story i read was Twilight - you didn't like - or I don't remember of the others =)
According to your description of "13 going on 30" I think i've already seen this movie. Is there Jennifer Garner in it? I love this actress I think she's really talented!(Especially as Elektra in Dardevil, or Sidney Bristow in Alias!)
Daredevil is one of my favorite movies as I have very good memories of the day I saw it with my best friends years ago! I know it's not said to be a masterpiece but I love it anyway (as I love Comics).
I read a lot so I can't tell you what's my only favorite book. The first time a really enjoyed reading a big book was with Harry Potter. I devoured the seven books and I loved all of them. I even read the last two books in English so that I could know the story sooner! (I won't talk about Harry Potter as everyone knows what it talks about!)
The books I love reading are Sagas (a book with several sequels).
I'm currently finishing to read the last Twilight book and I think it's a great story.
Another of my favorite saga is the Everworld saga written by K.A Applegate. It mixes adventure and supernatural. The Five main characters(Senna, David, Christopher, Jalil and April) find themselves drown into Everworld (a world where gods from all mythologies and magical people are living to protect themselves from the humans growing power). Senna, one of the main character, is a kind of Witch with mysterious powers who is linked to each of the four other teenagers she accidentally brought with her whereas she was about to try to conquer the Everworld.
The story is cut in 12 books and what's particular to this saga is that the narrator changes in every book. When one part of the story is seen from Senna's eyes, the next part is seen from David's and the one after from April's... so that we can understand each character a little more and learn who's good, who's brave, who's evil...!
I definitely think this is one of the greatest story I've ever read as I love fantastic and epic stories.

Fabien Mantione.

No comments: